ESOL (English for Students of Other Languages)
English for Students of Other Languages (ESOL) is a unique program here at Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) that provides a curriculum that includes listening, speaking, reading and writing. To meet the needs of English language learners, ESOL is aligned with the Florida Standards and is offered to all kindergarten through twelfth grade students whose native language is other than English. Their primary goal is to develop each student's English language and academic proficiency to ensure English language learners are ready to meet the demands of college and career readiness.
Learn more about Seminole County Public Schools ESOL
SCPS ESOL Program Goals
- To meet the immediate communication needs of the English Language Learner (ELL) students by teaching English as expeditiously as possible so that he/she can function effectively in the regular academic program(s). ESOL students will achieve English proficiency at a rate commensurate with their own age, ability, grade level, and time invested.
- To provide instruction which satisfies the cultural needs of the ESOL students, as well as promote an appreciation of different cultures and their contributions to our United States culture (society).
- To provide comprehensible academic instruction using the ESOL strategies of instruction for the acquisition of the State Sunshine Standards and concepts inherent in each subject area
Parent ESOL Information
- ESOL Frequently Asked Questions
- ESOL Program Services Description
- ESOL META Consent Decree
- ESOL Procedural Handbook 2012-2016 (English)
- Manual de Procedimientos 2012-2016 (Spanish)
- WIDA information
Family Connection Center
Please visit Family Connections Page for more information.